Contact the Counseling Staff
Main department phone number: 920.882.6914
Mrs. Beth Carpenter, Registrar
Mrs. Carpenter was a librarian for 28 years in her former life and claims her other work history includes the #1 strangest temp job on the planet - ask her about it sometime! She's happy to be supporting the work of counselors and students at Xavier.
Alma maters: Luther College (B.A. English), University of Nottingham (UK), University of Iowa (M.A. Library & Information Science)
Mrs. Hammen works with students whose last names begin with letters I-M and all international students. Mrs Hammen loves being a part of the Xavier family! She also enjoys singing, acting, dancing, reading and lives for our dress up days during Homecoming and Blue & White Week.
Alma maters: Evangel College (B.A. Psychology), UW Oshkosh (M.S.E. School Counseling)
Mr. Neiswender works with students whose last names begin with letters N-Z. A proud Xavier dad, he feels privileged to serve the Xavier community, which has been a blessing to his own family.
Alma maters: University of Michigan (B.A. Secondary Education), UW-Oshkosh (M.S.E. School Counseling)
Mrs. Schuh works with students whose last names begin with letters A-H. She has been at Xavier FOREVER and loves coming to work each day. In her free time she loves to read, spend time outdoors, play volleyball and is an animal freak. Lady calls her 'Mom.'
Alma maters: Carroll University (BS Social Work and Psychology), UW-Oshkosh (M.S.E. School Counseling)
Lady, Therapy Dog
Watch for Lady's "In" and "Out" sign in the Counseling Suite window and come in and say hi to our awesome therapy dog! Lady's job description includes snuggling, sleeping and helping kids de-stress. Roller tape is on hand for Lady-hair removal. We recommend tan clothing when coming to visit. ;-)
Alma mater: Saving Paws Animal Rescue.
How do I see my counselor?
- If you'd like to ensure your counselor will be available to meet with you, stop by the Counseling Suite to see Mrs. Carpenter. She'll set up an appointment for you, so you can discuss your schedule, college plans, or whatever your current needs might be.
- Some days are just rough. The Counseling Suite is a safe place for you to come to de-stress and breathe deeply. If you need to talk to someone right away, come on over. We'll connect you with someone who can help.
Please let us know if your student needs extra support for any reason. We are here to help! Contact us, so we can make a plan.
If You Need Immediate Assistance
- Calumet County Crisis Hotline - 1.833.620.2730 / After hours: 920.832.4646
- Outagamie County Crisis Hotline - 920.832.4646
- Winnebago County Crisis Hotline - 920.233.7707
- Text "Hopeline" to 741741
- Lifeline Chat - https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat/
- National Suicide Prevention & Crisis Hotline - call 988
- Sexual Assault Crisis Center (now joined with Harbor House) - Crisis Line 1.800.722.7797 or 920.733.8119
- Disaster Distress Helpline - 1.800.985.5990 or text TALKWITHUS to 66746
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.