Welcome to the Xavier High School International Student Program
Xavier High School is SEVIS approved and is proud to welcome international students. Our international community is diverse and vibrant. Our goal is warm hospitality while achieving high academic success, in an environment of cultural exploration and understanding.
The International Student Program at Xavier High School offers students a chance to explore their interests, and experience life in Appleton, one of the safest communities in Wisconsin. Our students develop an understanding of the cultural complexities of studying in a diverse educational setting. International students partake fully in academic, social, and spiritual life at Xavier by participating in academic programs, clubs, arts, and athletics.
- Apply through an agency that has a local coordinator in Wisconsin.
- The following information is submitted and reviewed: Transcripts, English language exposure, and English language proficiency exam results (Duo Lingo, IELTS, ELTisS 2.0, TOEFL).
- Once the application has been reviewed, a video interview is required via Google Meet or another video platform (typically 30-45 minutes).
- Xavier High School will then notify the agency of the decision of admittance or not.
- If accepted, Xavier will send the registration paperwork to your agency and begin the process of writing the I-20 for the VISA appointment.
Xavier High School utilizes the Vital English PAL program for pre-arrival orientation. The program gives students vital information on cultural adaptation, mental health, the host family experience, travel, and the Fox Valley region. We use the Vital Math assessment to more accurately place students in their math courses, and students have access to over 60 hours of general vocabulary as well as science and math terminology content they can use to help support their academic experience overall.
Fall Semester Admission
August 28 - January 19
- Applications received by April 1: Fall admission applications will have the greatest chance of being enrolled in preferred classes.
- Applications received between April 1 and August 1: Will still have a wide variety of classes to choose from. However, some classes will be full.
- Applications received after August 1: Will not be guaranteed a start date of August 28 (start of school) due to VISA appointment scheduling. Late starts are allowed, but students arriving more than a week after the beginning of the first term may not earn class credits for the first term.
Spring Semester Admission
January 22 - June 4
- Applications are accepted for the Spring semester on a space-available basis.
Short Term Admission
- Students who wish to attend for less than a semester can start and end at a time that is convenient for the student and for Xavier High School. Interviews are not necessary for non-credit seeking applicants, but an application review through an agency is still required.
Xavier High School does not provide boarding facilities. International students use agency services for host family arrangements and guardianship. Students must apply through an approved agency or have a family member living in the Appleton area. Students who enroll at Xavier with agency representation are required to remain with that agency throughout their education.
Below is a list of agencies that have previously submitted student applications to Xavier High School. This list is only provided for convenience. Xavier High School does not endorse any particular agency.
- Educatius | www.educatius.org | Ellie Mills | firstname.lastname@example.org
- ICES | www.icesusa.org | Hannah Watts | email@example.com
- NACEL | www.nacelopendoor.org | Chase Vaughn | firstname.lastname@example.org
- PHP USA | student-management.com/f1-private-choice | Diana DeClemente | email@example.com
Host an International Student
Looking for a way to bring an international flair to your home? Consider hosting an international student! Host families are needed to open their homes to students from around the world. Xavier hosts more than 40 international students from 15 different countries. Host families with children currently enrolled may receive up to a $2,000 tuition discount from Xavier and a monthly stipend from our partnering agencies. Email Matt Parish or call 920-733-6632 for more information.
Explore Appleton, Wisconsin and the Fox Cities!
Consisting of 19 communities, Appleton and the Fox Cities make up the third-largest metropolitan area in Wisconsin and are considered one of the safest communities in the Midwest. Appleton has a lively and walkable downtown famous for hosting the annual Mile of Music festival along with many other festivals and events. With a vibrant arts scene, museums, galleries, and a performing arts center, there are many opportunities to experience Appleton for yourself. Come and explore the natural wonders, shops, and restaurants the Fox Cities have to offer.
For more information visit www.foxcities.org.
View a day in the life of an XHS International Student
For questions, please call or email:
Associate Principal XHS
Matt is thrilled to be serving the Xavier community. He was born and raised in Wyoming ...
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.