School safety is a top priority for the Xavier System and is essential for creating a supportive learning environment and a spirit of hospitality across our campuses. We want all students, staff, families and guests to feel safe and valued. With this in mind, we work closely with the Appleton Police Department and Diocese of Green Bay in developing and reviewing policies and protocols to promote and ensure safety, including:
- Emergency Preparedness: All campuses have clear emergency plans in place and regularly practice drills to prepare for potential disasters or crises.
- Physical Security: All campuses have security cameras, secure entry systems, and proper lighting of school grounds.
- Threat Assessment: Xavier follows Wisconsin Department of Justice Office of School Safety’s protocols and procedures for identifying and responding to potential threats, such as bullying or violent behavior.
- Substance Abuse Prevention: Xavier has a comprehensive substance prevention program in which school leaders and counselors work closely with families to support our students. Since 2016, Xavier High School has instituted mandatory drug testing for students.
- Mental Health Support: All Xavier campuses have full-time school counselors who work closely with staff, families and local health care professionals to support our students. Xavier helps ensure that our schools have resources to support students' mental health and well-being
- Cybersecurity: Our Director of Technology helps oversee cybersecurity and ensure we are implementing best practices in the use of technology. Through our infrastructure and protocols we protect sensitive information and the safety of our students, staff and families through implementing strong passwords, regular software updates, and staff training on best practices in digital citizenship and cybersecurity.
- Partnership with Law Enforcement: Xavier works closely with the Appleton Police Department. All school have assigned School Resource Officers who are available to assist and support our school administrators. Appleton Police Department provides regular safety and security audits of our campuses and assists with implementation of ALICE and protocols established by the I Love You Guys Foundation. This collaboration and strong close working relationship with local law enforcement helps ensure quick and effective response in the event of an emergency.
- Protecting God’s Children & Safe Environment Training: Xavier implements the policies and protocols in compliance with the Diocese of Green Bay’s Office of Safe Environment. Xavier pledges its commitment to programs and policies that:
- Protect all children, youth, and individuals at risk
- Heal the hearts and hopes of all affected
- Foster ongoing vigilance in education
Through these comprehensive measures, we create a safe and supportive environment for all members of our community and essential for promoting student success and well-being.
Philip Riley came to Xavier in the summer of 2020 as the seventh president of the Xavie...
Dr. John Ravizza is Superintendent of the St. Francis Xavier Catholic School System. He...
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.